In today’s busy world, we’re all pulled in many directions at the same time. Everyone feels stress. It is a normal part of life as we have some responsibilities at home and at work. You can feel stress in your body when you have too much to do or when you haven’t slept well. You can also feel stress when you worry about things like your job, relationships, money, or a friend or family member who is not well or in crisis. Our bodies start to let us know that we’re feeling the stress of our daily lives by some response like increases blood pressure, heart rate, respiration, changes in metabolism , gaining or loosing some weight , anxiety, depression. All such feelings of stress are caused by your body’s instinct to defend itself which is intended to help your body react in quick and effective way in a high-pressure situation. However, when you are constantly reacting to stressful situations without making needed adjustments to counter the effects, you will feel stress which can be harmful for your health and well-being.
If you’re living with high levels of stress, you’re putting your entire well-being at high risk. Stress unleash havoc on your emotional stability, as well as your physical health. It affects on your ability to think clearly, function effectively, and enjoy your life to the fullest. There are chances that you may feel like there’s nothing you can do about stress as there will always be some family responsibilities and office works that you have to do. But remember that you have a lot more control than you might think.
You may also be dealing with major life events that can cause stress. These can include:
- Losing a job (or starting a new one).
- Feeling lonely.
- Money issues.
- Comparing yourself to others.
- Change in lifestyle.
- Can’t achieve something you want to.
- Death of your loved ones.
- Not able to decide your carrier.
- Divorce or marriage.
Such stress can cause health problems or make existing problems even worse. If you are feeling stressed, here are some tips you can follow to feel better. Which helps you break the hold stress has on your life, so you can be more happier, healthier, and more productive than ever before :
1. IDENTIFY SOURCE OF STRESS IN YOUR LIFE:
– I know it is not as simple as it says but to identify your actual sources of stress, closely monitor your habits, attitude, lifestyle and excuses. Once you will get to know about the source of stress you can always find a way to resolve it.
2. EAT HEALTHY:
– Well-nourished bodies are always better prepared to cope up with any kind of stress, so be mindful of what you eat throughout the day. Try to start your day right with healthy breakfast, and keep your energy level up by having proper meals whole day.
3. GET PROPER SLEEP:
– Sleep always plays an important role in everyone’s life. It’s always important to get enough hours of sleep so your body has time to repair itself.
4. EXERCISE AND MEDITATE YOURSELF:
– Three to five days a week exercise is a popular way to relieve stress. Twenty to thirty minutes of physical activity benefits for both the body and the mind.
Meditation is an another form of relaxation therapy. You can do something like walking , running or swimming. You can meditate yourself by practicing full body stretching, by bicycling for about thirty minutes or by breathing deeply while listening calming tunes.
5. TRY TO CONNECT WITH OTHERS:
– There is nothing more calming than spending quality time with someone who makes you feel safe and understand your situation. So make it a point to connect with family and friends regularly.
Also, Keep one thing in mind that the people you talk to don’t have to be able to fix your stress. They simply needs to be a good listener. Never feel weak by sharing your stress with others. The people who truly care about you will be there for you and will listen to you and they will also try to motivate you.
6. DO LAUGHTER THERAPY:
– We all know that laughter is the best medicine. A good, hearty laugh relieves physical tension and stress, leaving your muscles relaxed , boosts immunity , improves mood.
7. SHARE YOUR FEELINGS:
– A good conversation with a family or friend lets you know that you are not the only one dealing with bad situation like having bad day in the office or going through some unwanted situations. Stay connected with family and friends and ask for their opinions about how they have dealt with a similar situation that may be “stressing you out.” Let them support you and guidance you. Never ever try to cope alone with any stressful situation.
These are some ways you can deal with your daily stress. If you think that you or someone you know may be under some kind of stress ,please talk to someone and share your thoughts or be a good listener to someone else whenever they need.
Happy days are coming!!